Thursday, December 18, 2014

Duolingo-My New Year's Resolution App

Google Play sent me an email this week with a list of best apps for 2014.  Of course I was curious, but was surprised when the app Duolingo was listed under Education.  How had I not heard of this before???  Well it is not your typical iPad app that would be used in the classroom.  It is a Language app that allows you to learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, and English-FREE.  After further investigation I learned that is was Apple's 2013 App of the Year.

                                                                    Download in Google Play

I know basic Spanish, so I tried it last night and was thoroughly impressed! It tailors lessons based on your current knowledge and drills skills that are weak.  I can image this as a great assistant in Language classes as well as an ELL environment.  You are even able to tell the app the minutes per day you are willing to dedicate to learning.  

So this is going to be my New Year's Resolution App-I am going to commit to five minutes per day and see how my Spanish improves.  If it is anything like last night, the interface is fun and engaging...I will spend more than the five minutes I am allocating.  

Happy New Year and here is to a new year of learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment