Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Google Classroom

My absolute new favorite tool for this school year is Google Classroom.  If you are a GAFE school, classroom is an absolute must.  I have been working with teachers and students  in all of my 6-12 schools and they all love it as well.

Your students will need an institutional Gmail to log into classroom.  Once logged in, they join your class, just as we have seen in the past with other online type classes.  What I really like about Classroom is how it seamlessly integrated all things Google.  Listed are my main talking points:

1.  When adding content, it is better to have a Google product rather than Word, PowerPoint, etc.  Although you can add these types of documents, if you want to the students to be able to view, answer questions, and return-using Google "stuff" just makes everything easier.

2.  All things are stored in Drive in a folder called Classroom, which is created for you.  That way you can access student work without having to log into Classroom.

3.  As with any other program, the Desktop version is more powerful and is less glitchy, but I have used it on iPads very well with a strong wifi signal.

The following link in my Prezi that I will present at two future conferences, it gives more of an explanation of Google Classroom and how to use it.

Happy Googling!

http://prezi.com/btrtd9tkjb9p/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

No comments:

Post a Comment