Saturday, April 25, 2015

Chrome Invasion

Just like the Beatles (or New Direction) invaded the states, Chromebooks have invaded my school district with a flurry.  So I have put aside my beloved Safari browser and have moved into the world of Chrome.  Reluctant at first....but I have been won over by the apps and extensions feature.

Two of my favorites are Pixlr and WeVideo.  The Pixlr App Editor is eerily similar to a photo editing software that is not free and had caused me hours of frustration.  Pixlr allows me basic photo editing and graphic creation in a snap.  The help menu is truly helpful and easily explains tasks I want to accomplish.  This is now my go to place for creativity!  Below is a simple logo I created, and a photo I edited with Pixlr.

Logo
Photo Edit

WeVideo  is great because it a free online video editor.  Your video travels with your and is not indigenous to your computer like other video editing programs.  This nice thing for students is that they may begin a project at school and continue their project away from school on any Internet connect computer.  Another nice feature is that is allows the user to connect with Google Drive and other storage mediums so the user can access photos and videos for their projects.  No email, no problem. Students with Google accounts may sign in with them and bypass the need for an email. When students finish a project, they may email their teacher a link to share the project.  

These are two of my favorites! I hope you give them a try and enjoy them as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment