Friday, June 28, 2013

June 27th PD

It was great to be back in NLR after a great ISTE conference.  We had another productive iPad professional development with innovative educators.

Answer to question:

Haiku decks can only be created on the App, not the web.

Summary of responses from participants:

Videolicious:

Kim Haydon I think this would be great for kids that are terrified to get up in front of the class.

Girdler Videolicious would be great to do short training videos without videotaping myself. Videos are easy to post on the district web page with a link and not the actual video. With all the new changes coming through the system, more resources need to be available for teachers.

Suggestions:

Girdler Insight 360 cost money but combines several of these apps into one. I would have purchased with my own money if I were still in the classroom.

Hart I used the dictionary app in class a lot for my students. They liked to hear the words pronounced.

Ms. Billings I plan on using the financial football app in my financial class for review.

Drop box:

Girdler Dropbox is like having a mobile network drive. Helps transferring files to iPad.

Kim Haydon Students can save things at school on Dropbox and then have access to them on their devices at home. When students save to their J:/ drive they can't get to it from home.

Haiku Deck:

Hoggard During the first week of school, put the students in small groups and have them do an introduction presentation.

Kim Haydon For when students are working in groups so they can update what they have discussed for the rest of the class

Bonus apps-Remind 101 and iPick a student, both free

Thank you to all of the participants, I had a wonderful day working with dedicated educators.

Have a great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment